Filipino Chicken Adobo with White Rice.
You can cook Filipino Chicken Adobo with White Rice using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Filipino Chicken Adobo with White Rice
- You need of Chicken and marinade.
- It’s 1.5 lb of boneless skinless chicken thighs.
- You need 3 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of soy sauce.
- You need 1/3 cup of + 2 tbs white vinegar.
- It’s 4 of bay leaves.
- You need of For cooking.
- You need 2 tbs. of Canola oil.
- It’s 3 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Prepare 1 of small onion diced.
- Prepare 1.5 cups of water.
- Prepare 2 tbs. of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbs. of whole black pepper.
- You need of Toppings.
- It’s 2 of green onions, sliced.
Filipino Chicken Adobo with White Rice instructions
- Combine Chicken and Marinade ingredients in a bowl. Marinate for at least 20 minutes, or up to overnight2 green onion, sliced.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a skillet over high heat. Remove chicken from marinade (reserve marinade) and place in the pan. Sear both sides until browned – about 1 minute on each side. Do not cook the chicken all the way through..
- Remove chicken skillet and set aside..
- Heat the remaining oil in skillet. Add garlic and onion, cook 1 1/2 minutes..
- Add the reserved marinade, water, sugar and black pepper. Bring it to a simmer then turn heat down to medium high. Simmer 5 minutes..
- Add chicken smooth side down. Simmer uncovered for 20 to 25 minutes (no need to stir), turning chicken at around 15 minutes, until the sauce reduces down to a thick jam-like syrup..
- If the sauce isn't thick enough, remove chicken onto a plate and let the sauce simmer by itself – it will thicken much quicker – then return chicken to the skillet to coat in the glaze..
- Coat chicken in glaze then serve over rice..